Monday, August 01, 2005

Garage Progress

The garage is one step closer. Saturday, while Ben spent some time with his grammy, I put together some metal shelves we bought for the garage. Then, we moved some things out to the driveway to make room to work. We emptied every box that said "garage" on it, with most of it going on the new shelves. My wife's organizational bent amazes me.

I'm pretty sure part of me melted when I went into the attic to measure the space for putting down plywood (or whatever is good these days). We'll get that done one of these days, and then maybe get our cars in the garage.

We won't be putting as many books on display in this house as we usually do. There just isn't room, and we really don't need to be reminded visually of what books we've read. All those paperbacks just take up space. Oh no, now I'm starting to sound like her! She's killing my inner packrat!

No comments: